The first historical traces of Mandelieu-la-Napoule date back to 154 B.C. when a Roman general came to fight the Oxybians and the Decaeates in the Laval plain.[+]
Around the year 400, the Lord of Mandelieu, Eucher, freed his slaves and bequeathed part of his fortune to the peasants of his fiefdom of Mandelieu. His daughter then founded a hospital.
Unfortunately, in the 8th century, the Saracens destroyed Mandelieu completely, an episode that was repeated in 892. The inhabitants rebuilt their village in spite of everything.
From 1243, when Antibes loses its episcopal seat to Grasse, to the Revolution, Mandelieu will depend on Grasse.
In 1390 the Castle of La Napoule was built by the lords of Villeneuve. Numerous wars and epidemics will devastate the village of Mandelieu over the centuries but the inhabitants will continue to settle there.
In 1706 the construction of the village of Capitou was decided. Various wars and destructions of the village followed. The Revolution brought freedom to Mandelieu and in 1820 La Napoule was attached to Mandelieu and no longer to Fréjus.
Thanks to the railroad, the development of Mandelieu-la-Napoule took off at the end of the 19th century and it is here that the international aristocracy likes to come and play polo or golf.
The birth of the port in 1909 gives a new impetus to Mandelieu-la-Napoule which, in 1910, benefits from a link with Cannes by tramway.
In 1918 Henry Clews, an American artist, bought the ruins of the castle to rebuild this stately home and house an art foundation.
It was not until 1970 that the town was officially called Mandelieu-la Napoule.
The assets of Mandelieu-la-Napoule
Mandelieu-la-Napoule is a very attractive city on the French Riviera. Ideally located, near the Var, between Cannes and Théoule-sur-Mer, it has on its territory a business airport very popular with jet and helicopter owners.
A real seaside and nautical resort, many leisure activities are offered to tourists. The sunny climate is an additional attraction of this peaceful city offering luxury villas, out of sight.
The Esterel massif promises beautiful hikes in the red rocks of the 32,000 hectares that make up this magnificent natural area. Capital of the Mimosa, Mandelieu-la-Napoule knows how to play the card of Provencal authenticity to seduce.
Mandelieu-la-Napoule is also the first destination for golf lovers with the magnificent Old Course, a golf course created in 1891 and the Riviera Golf de Barbossi, located on the domain of the same name.
Real estate in Mandelieu-la-Napoule
The luxury real estate market in Mandelieu-la-Napoule is dynamic and offers villas in quiet and residential areas. With a sea view, close to the beaches, in a dominant position, the villas proposed by Magrey & Sons offer beautiful services that will seduce the buyers. The Colline des Termes area is prized by connoisseurs who want a beautiful exposure, between the sea and the hills, and high-end services while being close to the amenities of the city center.
Consult us for the purchase of a luxury villa in Mandelieu-la-Napoule. [-]